REAL-TIME VIGILANCE FOR

  YOUR BUSINESS & YOUR EMPLOYEES

         INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY & PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS


Version 5.05  Windows 8 compatible

 An All-In-One PC/Internet Activity Surveillance and Monitor. Automatically Record, Archive and Review Your Employees’ PC and Internet Activity.





Important Facts


With more employees using computers in the workplace than ever before, the enticement to use the Internet for personal reasons is causing real concerns for their employers...concerns like loss of productivity, legal liability of employee misconduct, and theft of corporate intellectual property.

  • Over 78% of all users accessed the Internet while at work for personal use and entertainment.1
  • 30% to 40% of employee Internet use is non-work-related.2
  • Employees admit to wasting over 2 hours out of an eight-hour work day (excluding lunch and breaks) everyday.3
  • 72% of all personal use represented employee productivity draining Web sites, including those for shopping, entertainment, personal e-mail, sports, chat rooms, job searches and game playing.1
  • 19.42% of all personal use represented Wed sites that posed a security threat to the network, including spyware, file sharing and malicious code.1
  • 8.23% of all personal use represented Web sites that posed legal liability risks, including pornography, hacking, gambling and hate speech.1
  • Nearly 84% of employees indicated that they regularly send non-work-related e-mails each day, with 32% sending between 5 and 10 such messages.3
  • Almost 57 percent of employees felt that personal Internet and e-mail use decreased their productivity.3
  • More than 44 percent of American workers consider Web surfing to be the top workplace distraction.4
  • 92% of online stock trading occurs from the workplace during work hours.5
  • 46% of online holiday shopping takes place at work.5
  • 80% of companies reported that employees had abused Internet privileges, for example by downloading pornography or pirated software.6
  • About 70% of all Web traffic to Internet pornography sites occurs between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.7
With increasing frequency and severity, more and more organizations are becoming victims of high-profile leaks that started with a simple click of the SEND button or an innocuous Instant Messaging conversation. What are often unintentional leaks are compounded by the efforts of malicious activity from both insiders and externals whose goal it is to use the information for illicit purposes. With increasing pressure to stay compliant, enterprises need to start taking precautions immediatley.8

  • More than 60% of companies have experienced data leakage within the last year, and 33% believe it could put them out of business.9
  • Business owners rate loss of intellectual property and financial information as the two most valuable classes of data-with the average estimated cost of leaked financial data reaching $1.68 million.9
  • A data breach that exposes personal information could cost companies an average of $268,000 to inform their customers—even if the lost data is never used.9
  • Only 23% of respondents were able to estimate the total annual cost of data leakage; the remaining 77% were unable to provide an assessment or quantify the costs.9
  • Respondents were able to estimate the total annual cost of data leakage; the remaining 77 percent were unable to provide an assessment or quantify the costs.9
  • The average annual cost of data leakage was $1.82 million.9
Don’t be left out of an important business trend of monitoring your employees’ PC activity to limit personal use as well as to deter Internet abuse and employee misconduct. Today...

  • Nearly 80% of major U.S. companies actively monitor their workers’ PC activity.10
  • 63% monitor workers’ Internet connections and 47% store and review employee e-mail.10
  • 40% block Internet connections to unauthorized or inappropriate sites.10
  • 27% have fired employees for misuse of office e-mail or Internet connections, and nearly two-thirds (65%) report some disciplinary measure for those offenses.10
  • Some 17% of Internet users (and 11% of all Americans) say they know someone who has been disciplined or fired because of his or her use of the Internet on the job.11

Sources


1
The Burstek 2005 Internet Usage Study
2 International Data Corp.
3 Monthly Labor Review, February 2003
4 Survey by Salary.com and America Online
5 Nielsen/Net Ratings
6 2003 Computer Crime and Security survey, Computer Security Institute and FBI
7 SexTracker, pornography industry consultancy
8 The Gartner Group
9 Datamonitor
10 American Management Association
11 The Pew Internet Life Report, Wired Workers: Who They Are, What They’re Doing Online








SITEMAP   |  PRODUCTS   |   PURCHASE   |   SUPPORT   |   PARTNERS   |   SERVICES   |   COMPANY   |   NEWS